Between work, life and the gym, life is so hectic that our clothes have to be both comfortable and practical – while still being fashionable. So how do we merge function and fashion together to create a casual but chic look? Athleisure is the answer. Athleisure has turned performance wear into everyday wear.
Now, the lines between the clothes you’d wear to lunch and those you’d wear to the gym have been totally blurred. So, whether you’re hitting the streets or off to the dance studio one outfit can do it all.
How to pull of athleisure wear
Nail the athleisure look by accessorizing appropriately. Embrace a sporty, sleek vibe but add a touch of your own personal style. A stylish backpack, a baseball cap, or a pair of aviator sunglasses will all work perfectly.
Dress for the Occasion
Although athleisure probably isn’t the style you want to rock to a wedding or a job interview, it is perfect for a lunch date or an evening out with friends.
Mix Function with Fashion
Blend fashion pieces such as leggings or capris, heels and leather jacket with activewear pieces such as sweat pants and sneakers, to create a well-balanced athleisure look. Also, mixing on trend aesthetics with high-performance fabrics is a great way to go.
How to Wear Athleisure
- Mix tailored pieces with a sporty T-shirt or wear a bomber jacket instead of your blazer to get the perfect athleisure work combo
- Use slides and sneakers as your go-to footwear.
- Pair high-waisted pants with a crop top for an easy and stylish athleisure look.
- Tie a shirt around your waist or pair your leggings with longer tops to make them streetwear appropriate
- Wear regular fashion items on top of sports pieces, like a chic coat over a pair of leggings or a leather jacket on top of a sports bra.
Dos and Don’ts of Wearing Athleisure
- Do follow seasonal activewear trends.
- Do get creative, especially when it comes to mixing pieces and layering.
- Do make sure all your athleisure pieces are clean and in good condition.
- Do mix high-performance, sports fabrics with fashion fabrics, like leather and denim.
- To create a balanced look, do mix sports pieces into your regular fashion wardrobe.
- Don’t forget about your signature style and look, just reinterpret it.
- Don’t go overboard with bright colors and prints.
- Don’t overlook the addition of accessories and jeweler.
- Don’t just throw on any old thing you’d wear to the gym.
Creating The Perfect Athleisure Outfit
Just getting started with the athleisure trend? Try wearing 2 or 3 of the items below together and you should be good to go.
- Wool Coat
- Utility jacket
- Tunic tee
- Trench coat
- Tee Shirt
- Puffer vest
- Moto jacket
- Leather jacket
- Denim jacket
- Baseball cap